The Intellectual Property Facilitation Center (IPFACE) for entrepreneurs, micro -small-medium enterprises(MSME) is a project of the Venture Center supported by the Development Commissioner, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MoMSME), Government of India under the programme titled " National Manufacturing Competitiveness Programme (NMCP) under XI Plan " and scheme titled " Building Awareness on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) for MSME ".
The IP Facilitation Center's mission is:
- To improve awareness and adoption of intellectual property rights amongst entrepreneurs and MSMEs.
- To provide selected IP related services for entrepreneurs and MSMEs.
- To compile and provide access to IP related resources via the Center.
- 31 March 2010: Approval by Ministry of MSME
- 26 April 2010 (World IP Day): Soft launch of IP Facilitation Center
IPFACE Steering committee:
- Dr V Premnath, Head, Intellectual Property Group and Director, Venture Center
- Umesh Chande, Deputy Director Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Abhay Daptardar, Asstt. Director MSME-DI, Mumbai
- M. V Bhagat, Jt Director of Industries, Govt. Of Maharashtra, Pune Region
- A.D Kulkarni, Principal Technical Officer, NCL Innovations, NCL, Pune
- Ms Archana Joshi (Background: Chemist, MSc Chemistry, P.G. Diploma in Patents Law from NALSAR University(Hyderabad) , Experience as Project Assistance-3 at CSIR- URDIP)
- Ashutosh Prachand ( Background: PGDM Biotechnology Management, PG Diploma in Patent Law from NALSAR University, Hyderabad)
- Ms Pallavi Joshi ( Background: MSc Biotech, Experience as Research Associate Fellow (IP) at Dow Chemical Intl. Pvt. Ltd., Pune)
- Ms Vidula Walimbe (Background: Biologist,PGD in IPR, experience in patent filing at pharma company and patent analytics at URDIP)
- Ms Gayatree Wagh (Background: Engineer,PGD in Patent Management, Patent Agent,experience in patent search and analytics at URDIP)
- Mr Deepak Sarada (Background: MTech-Chemical Technology-UDCT; LLB; Experience with KPO)
- Ms Amruta Tirmale (Background: Biologist,PGD in IPR, Exposure to technology commercialization and business case development)
- Ms Sneha Kanitkar (Background: B Pharm, PGDIPRL; Registered Patent Agent)
- Mr Anil D Kulkarni, Consultant IPFACE, Ex-NCL Innovations (Background: Chemist, lawyer, patent agent)
- Dr V. Premnath, Head, NCL Innovations & Head, IP Group (Background: Engineer, inventor)
- Dr VV Panchanadikar, NCL Innovations (Background: Biologist, PGDIPR)
- Dr Nitin S Tewari, Intellectual Property Group, NCL Innovations (Background: Biologist, patent agent, TIFAC fellow)
- Mr Kaushik Gala, Venture Center (Background: Engineer, MBA, IP and technology commercialization)
- Ms Sneha Kanitkar, Intellectual Property Group, NCL Innovations (Background: B Pharm, PGDIPRL; Registered patent agent)
- Mr Hasit Seth (Background: Engineer, lawyer, patent manager)
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Government of India
- National Chemical Laboratory, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India
- Venture Center, Pune